GeocodingDVD, Version 7.7
The GeocodingDVD matches your addresses to latitude/longitude coordinates and then adds census geographic designations to those coordinates including historic census codes. Geocoding can be done for an individual address (manual mode) or a list of thousands or millions of addresses (batch mode). The latest version uses the 2015 TIGER/Line ® Shapefiles for enhanced geocoding and has improved address matching over previous versions.
The GeocodingDVD also appends the Zip+4s to the matched address, as well as adding historic Census 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000 Tract and Block Group FIPS codes. Our geocoder always gives you the option of appending demographic data to your address for easy customer profiling, see details below.
The GeocodingDVD offers superbly accurate address matching because it geocodes to the street segment level. It has the coordinates (latitude/longitude) for every section of every street so that it can pinpoint an address with extreme precision. It then translates the latitude/longitude to the Census Block centroid so that data can be added even at this very granular level.
The latest version of the GeocodingDVD automatically generates a map layer within our Map Viewer that will create points on the map as well as allow you to overlay the streets or block group boundaries over the map. You can also create an ArcGIS shapefile for importing into your mapping software. Our latest online version uses Google ® maps that also show the block group boundaries of the surrounding areas.
GeocodingDVD (standard version)
The standard GeocodingDVD appends demographics from the latest American Community Survey (ACS) 5-Year Estimates data file. There are nearly 100 demographic variables including population, race, housing counts, income, education, etc.
GeocodingDVD with Current Year Estimates and 5-year Projections
The GeocodingDVD with Current Estimates and 5-Year Projections appends additional demographic variables from the current Estimates and 5-Year Projections. It includes a comprehensive set of variables including population counts, age, race, households, income, and housing.
Users can also append thousands of additional variables from our other Census products. For example, you can append more detailed demographic data from the Census 2000 Long Form, or data from other historic censuses such as 1980 and 1990 from our normalized data products. The GeocodingDVD adds tract, block group, and block codes that can be easily matched to exported data from our other demographic data products.
Who should use our GeocodingDVD?
This product is ideally suited for several industries:
- BANKING - Demographic data is reported at the tract level meeting the reporting requirements for many banks and lending agencies. Additionally, this product codes to the exact census block then the tract numbers are assigned, not just an approximate one, giving the product superior accuracy.
- MARKETING & SALES - By automatically appending demographics to your addresses, the GeocodingDVD lets you profile your customers with one easy-to-use product.
- MEDICAL RESEARCHERS - Because you own the disk you don't have to release your list to a service bureau, thus assuring the confidentiality of your patients' names and addresses.
- BUSINESSES - If you know where your customers live, you can profile your typical customer with our built-in demographic data.
- RESEARCHERS - The GeocodingDVD appends the Census Block number to each address, with it you can add thousands of variables from our other products to your dataset. If you use data from one of our normalized data products (the Neighborhood Change Database, CensusCD 1980, 1990 or 2000 in 2010 Boundaries) you can even append data from 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000 to your current address list.
Our GeocodingDVD offers the following benefits:
- Fast and Efficient -The GeocodingDVD can process 1 Million addresses/hour (on a 2 gig machine)
- Easy-to-Use - GeocodingDVD has an intuitive, easy-to-follow menu with click on/off screen selections. With just a few mouse clicks you can assign the fields and select the variables you want to incorporate.
- Powerful Data Set - Unlike most geocoders, ours comes with built-in demographic data fields. You can attach any or all of these variables to segment your database into markets. And with the GeocodingDVD with Estimates/Projection, you can segment your list by race, age, home ownership, income, housing value, etc.
- Data Enhancements - The Geocoder is designed to create outputs that will allow you to use our other GeoLytics products to extract a more comprehensive data set if you need more than the data set already included for free.
- Address Editing - Incorrect addresses can be corrected (misspelled streets, ambiguous or incorrect street numbers, etc.) for more complete address matching.
- Regularly Updated - The current address blocks have been updated with the latest TIGER/Line ® Shapefiles
- Affordable - GeocodingDVD is competitively priced for small businesses, retailers, mortgage lenders, independent researchers, and anyone who values a good deal on an accurate and dependable product.
- Flexible - Use the Geocoding in manual mode to check one or two addresses, or in batch mode to process your whole mailing list.
- Easy to Visualize your Customers - by looking at the map for a batch mode you can see a scatter plot of the location of each customer